Armagh County Club

BMAs understanding and implementation of planning policies such as Armagh Area plan 2004, PP5 Retailing in Town Centres, DECAN 8 ‘Housing in Existing Urban Areas & ‘Parking Standards’ ensured the successful change of use of a Private Members Club to a boutique wedding venue with conference facilities along with two self-contained apartments. These changes being achieved whilst retaining the original Club membership with the control and use of the building as the Landlord in the intervening periods.

The building has had a myriad of occupancies with the original owner, Mr William Bright, trading as a confectioner on the ‘upper ground floor’ opening onto Upper English Street. The upper floors being used as a dwelling with a secondary use to the rear relating to the County Club.  The club has occupied the same premises since its foundation in 1869. During the Second World War the building was use by the government as an officers’ mess for troops who were stationed in the city.

Project Details
Working Progress

Billard room with an apex roof light that is proposed as part of reinstatement works

Dining room with an original ‘dumb waiter’ feature that once served from the  kitchen in the lower basement floor

Gentlemans lounge with facility to facilitate business networking

Member of the Architects Registration Board

Royal Institute of British Architects


Certified Passive House Designer

Tel: 028 92 604609 / 07740501684

50 Ballymullan Road, Lisburn, Co.Down, BT27 5PJ